The Blog Builders Basics (BBB) Course #1 This course is truly revolutionary in that a non-technical person can in a matter of a few hours go from zero to fully up and running as a blogger on the internet. Learn how to obtain your hosting, domain and install and configure your WordPress website, and once it is up and running post your first blog out into the blogosphere (internet).
This Blog Builder Basics series is truly a hands-on step-by-step experience that will take the student through the building of their very own WordPress Blog website. These step-by-step videos are so easy to use and follow anyone little to no previous experience will be up and running on the internet in no time.
Blog Builder Basics Course 1 is the prerequisite for part 2, 3, 4, and 5. You must finish part 1 before you can do any of the other four parts of this course.
In Blog Builder Basics Course 1 you will learn and do the following.
- Search for the perfect domain (URL) for your blog site. Once you find a domain that is available, you will purchases the domain (extra fee). The domain or URL is the address people will use to access your web site, such as bloggersworkspace.com
- Purchased your Managed WordPress Hosting (extra fee). You will need a server that is attached to the internet that has WordPress installed and has your addressing pointing to your site. Don’t freak out it is very easy and we will walk you through every step.
- Login to the back end of your WordPress Website and start learning to administer your new blog site. Learn how to setup the general site settings, and theme basics.
- Connect your domain to your WordPress website.
- Install and configure a theme to change the appearance of your website.
- Configure your domain based email account.
- Post your very first blog on your new shiny site for all to see.
- Share that site with your social network.
How To Use The Courses:
- Purchase the courses one at a time or save money and buy all five as a bundle
- Login to the BloggersWorkspace.com website, which will open to your “My Profile” page.
- Click on your first course in the “My Profile” page to go to the course
- Scroll to the bottom of the course page to the course outline
- Click on the first lesson
- Read the content on the lesson page and watch the video
- If the lesson has a video you can not mark that lesson complete till you watch the video to the VERY END and the video stops. At the end of the video you will automatically be taken to the next lesson
- For lessons that have no video just click the “Mark Complete” button at the bottom of the page when you are done reading the content on the page, to move on to the next lesson.
- From the course page you can go back and re-watch any video by click on that lesson from the course page.
- MOST IMPORTANT STEP: While you are watching the videos you are suppose to be following along and doing the steps I do so by the time the video is done you have completed all the same tasks I have done (except they will be for your blog site instead of mine – but you knew that).
- Stop and Start as well as rewind and re-watch the videos as often as needed to make sure you follow my steps.
- Please do not skip any steps unless I specifically tell you in the video you can skip the step. Each lesson and course builds on top of past lessons and courses. For example you can not install a WordPress theme if you have not purchased your Managed WordPress Hosting yet (chicken and egg thing). The lessons and courses are in a specific order and should be followed in the order presented in the course.
- FINAL STEP: Kick-Back, Relax, Follow the steps in the video and enjoy the experience because this is the first step to bringing your dream of being a part of the blogosphere to life (“It’s Aliveeeeeeeee”).
These courses are built so they can be step-by-step so you can just follow along. If you stray from the path and do something different then what we have done in the course your website will not follow along with our course. So if you install a different theme, or buy your hosting and domain from a different vendor or step off the “yellow brick road” in any way it will be difficult to impossible to follow along.
Please follow the course exactly as we present it so your site looks just like our example site. We promise that once you finish the course you will have enough knowledge to customize your site to look like and function like you want it to.
Five Course Outline:
There are five parts to the Blog Builder Basics course. Each course builds on the previous course so when you are done building your web site in part 1 you will move onto part 2, then 3, and 4 and 5 continuing to build on what you did in the previous course. Each course will add to your website and your knowledge.
- Course1: Building the Initial WordPress Blog Site, including Hosting and Domain Registration.
- Course 2: Administering WordPress including changing your sites WordPress theme.
- Course 3: Adding site functionality and security with WordPress Plugins
- Course 4: Tactics on blogging and growing your fandom
- Course 5: SEO Basics
You will receive a certificate of completion when you have finished all five parts of the Blog Builder Basics course, and each course evaluation.
DISCLAIMER: There are extra fees over and above the price you paid for the course, you will need to purchase the following to build your blog web-site. Most third party companies that we use for the following service we are an affiliate of, and get small commissions when you purchase via our directed links. We take great pride is researching our 3rd party vendors to make sure they are the best of the best in their industry, and we are not only affiliates of these companies, but BWS is also their customer (we use the products we recommend).
- Domain: $16.99/year (Course 1 – mandatory)
Hosting: ~$96.00/year (Course 1 – mandatory)
Domain Email Service: ~$29/year (Course 1 – optional)
Constant Contact Email Management: ~$204/year (Course 2 – optional)
48 Hours Logo: ~$129/one time fee (Course 2 – optional)
- Course #3 no extra cost for free versions of plugins, but premium versions of the plugins do exist and add more features to each plugin (optional plugin upgrades).
Hosting | Domains | Email Services
- Bloggers WorkSpace Shoping: Hosting/Domain/Email Services | http://bit.ly/bwsshop
- Bloggers WorkSpace Managed WordPress: http://bit.ly/bwsbuywp
- Bloggers WorkSpace Email Service: http://bit.ly/bwsbuyemail
- Bloggers WorkSpace Email Client: http://bit.ly/bwswebmaillogin
Branding & Logos
- 48 Hour Logo Contest: http://bit.ly/bwslogocontes
- LikeBTN (Like Buttons): http://bit.ly/bwslikebtn
- Updraft Plus (Backup): http://bit.ly/bwsupdraftplus
- MailOptin (Lead Gen/Email Auto): http://bit.ly/bwsmailoptin