- Search for the perfect domain (URL) for your blog site. Once you find a domain that is available, you will purchases the domain (extra fee). The domain or URL is the address people will use to access your web site, such as bloggersworkspace.com
- Purchased your Managed WordPress Hosting (extra fee). You will need a server that is attached to the internet that has WordPress installed and has your addressing pointing to your site. Don’t freak out it is very easy and we will walk you through every step.
- Login to the back end of your WordPress Website and start learning to administer your new blog site. Learn how to setup the general site settings, and theme basics.
- Post your very first blog on your new shiny site for all to see.
- Share that site with your social network.
There are five parts to the Blog Builder Basics course. Each course builds on the previous course so when you are done building your web site in part 1 you will move onto part 2, then 3, and 4 and 5 continuing to build on what you did in the previous course. Each course will add to your website and your knowledge.
- Part 1: Building the Initial WordPress Blog Site, including Hosting and Domain Registration.
- Part 2: Administering WordPress including changing your sites WordPress theme.
- Part 3: Adding site functionality with WordPress Plugins
- Part 4: Tactics on blogging and growing your fandom
- Part 5: SEO Basics
You will receive a certificate of completion when you have finished all five parts of the Blog Builder Basics course, and the course evaluation. * Note: extra fees will be charged for the hosting/domains & email service in this course. ** Disclaimer: Products recommend and purchased during BWS courses are usually affiliate links, with a small commission being paid to BWS.